Monday, November 17, 2014

Shapes, Monsters, and Halloween

We focused on shapes this week in preschool. I put shapes on the floor and the kids ran around with flyswatters and hit the shapes that I named.






We used shapes to make Shape Monsters. My kids LOVED this!









We used felt shape pieces to create jack-o-lanterns




We also had a Halloween Party. Here are some fun activities that we did at our party.

Halloween Bingo



Candy Walk - Students walk on the numbers until the music stops. The teacher pulls a number out of a bag and whoever is on that number wins a prize/piece of candy. 





Pumpkin Lantern - I saw these on Pinterest and decided to make them. I loved that the activity gave the kids practice with cutting straight lines. You can see how to make them here.

Decorate cookies - I went to my local grocery store bakery and ordered pumpkin shaped cookies. 


Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin







No comments:

Post a Comment